Saturday, January 11, 2014

A series of delicious cheesecake recipes for you. Recipe One: Dairy free cheescake

Dairy free, traditional, individual using homemade cream cheese, chocolate no bake and traditional using yoghurt cheese. Cheescake has been on my mind ALOT lately, and I thought I would share the recipes with you. All are made with rice malt syrup too, as I try to use it when possible, so they are fructose free. You can use regular sugar or honey in all of them instead. I plan to post the next recipe in the series each day. Todays is this:

Raw Dairy Free Cheesecake:


I got the original recipe for this from a cut out in New Idea Magazine. I have changed it though so this is my recipe here. Although filling is dairy free, base has butter. You can use coconut oil instead.

1 cup almond meal
60 gm cold butter or coconut oil
pinch of salt
1-2 tbs rice malt syrup

FILLING
440gm cashews, soaked overnight
220 ml lemon and lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
350gm rice malt syrup
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lime zest
270gm warm melted coconut oil

First, make the pastry. In a food processor, blitz the almond meal, butter and salt until crumbly. Slowly add the rice malt syrup until the mixture forms a ball or at least sticks together. If its too soft, refrigerate a little while or use straight away. Roll on a floured surface and line a greased spring form pan with the pastry.
You can either eat this raw by refrigerating the base until ready for mixture, or bake the base for 10 min in oven at 180C. That's what I did as I like my bases biscuity. Once baked, set aside.

For the filling, place the drained cashews, juice, vanilla and salt in a food processor and blend. Give it a stir if it becomes hard to mix. Add the rice malt syrup and zests. Pour in the warm coconut oil and mix until the mixture is smooth and has the texture of cream.

Pour into the base. Freeze overnight until firm. Place in the refrigerator to thaw before serving.
This was delicious and really hard to believe it had no dairy, gluten or sugar. Serve with fresh berries if you want.

I shall be back with the next cheesecake recipe soon..

Taz

xx

4 comments: